About Me...

Erica D Freeman

Being a teacher and Goals for the Students in my classroom

I feel that I have been called to be a teacher. I want to be a great teacher as well as an honorable role model. I am very excited to teach and watch children learn. I want them to learn what is in the curriculum but I also want them to learn about themselves and each other. I want them to be able to think critically and solve problems in the lesson plans as well as what they might encounter in real life. I want to teach them self discipline in the classroom and outside the classroom. I want to challenge my students to do their best at everything. I believe that if we teach our students to the best of our ability, encourage them to work hard, and let them know that we are in the school for them, they will be more likely to become engaged in our classrooms and try harder and learn more. I want them to know that they can succeed, no matter their home life, their background, or the color of their skin. It doesn’t matter if they have two parents, one parent, or no parents. I want them to know that they are smart and they are special and they can do whatever they want to do, if they try hard enough and are dedicated to their dreams. I believe children can develop their lifelong dream at an early age and if they stick to it, they will accomplish their dream.