About Me...

Erica D Freeman

Why I want to be a Teacher

I’ve wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I don’t remember any other career that ever stuck with me for more than a few months. I love kids. I love listening to their thoughts and ideas. I’ve always enjoyed school and I want to impact my students’ lives in a positive way. I want to be able to send them to the next grade eager to learn more. I want to be good moral influence. One other reason I want to be a teacher is because this career leaves time to start a family and have time for my family. The final reason to be a teacher is that I want a career that means something, more that just a day in and day out identical routine everyday. With a teaching career, I don’t think I will ever get bored. There will be something new everyday. The last bonus would be holidays and summers off work. That’s always nice!